View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 08:30 AM
HockeyPro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey RUS View Post
That is the hard reality of hockey. Most parents think their son is a superstar. Hence, they should always be on. When the realize their son is role player, they want the coach to roll the lines.

The problem is most coaches are hung out to dry by their associations who set wishy washy guidelines. At the outset, it should be made clear what the priorities are.

The coaches that have integrity are often the ones who suffer because the parents who want special treatment all know someone in their Association who will put the squeeze on the coach who does not "play the game".

I am not saying they are all like that but, I have heard horror stories from most LSL organizations.

So whoever coaches AAA/AA will need full support and protection from the parents that will eventually turn on him at some point.

With this AAA/AA cost requirement whether it will be $4K or $6-8K....the parents with the coin will have the power.
I agree with that .... I'm one of those coaches. I have a few horror stories to tell.