View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 09:00 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Only one year remaining, George's long term project. Why give up now and him become Chara somewhere else. The team failing with him far far away from the lineup helped his cause. I have theorized George when drafting him had visions of Sarge leading us to a Cup in 2017. He was drafted before Green. Yeah I know, the Stars tricked George into thinking they wanted Sarge more than Fristic and George took the bait.

Its only a cap savings of 2.75 if that. Other buyout candidates actually performed well - Chimera and Ward.

Erskine had an ugly playoffs. That bodes well for Sarge no matter how we slice it.

The "can't have enough defensemen theory" never seems to go away.

The only competition for his spot comes from Orlov, who will not be a 7 here. Orlov has to vault 2-3 guys to get a spot, and last I saw seemed relegated to Hershey. All the young D need to play.

I fully expect him to be on our roster, and may even start game 1.
I'll take that bet! What odds are you giving me for him starting game 1??? I'm all over that! haha

I guess we'll see. I tend to think his time has come to an end.

I don't see any way he leapfrogs Erskine or Hillen. Personally I think he is behind Orlov.

They didn't want Orlov rotting as a 7D and thats why he wasn't called up sooner. IMO at least