View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 09:03 AM
AceFace905

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityBoy View Post
Ain't gonna happen. It's highly doubtful Palace Sports and Entertainment want to own any kind of hockey team, as PSE would not consider leasing the building to another owner. The building is a huge money maker as is. Plus, a minor league team with no affiliation with the Wings would garner little to no interest among fans here. To boot, any team WITH a Wings affiliation would NEVER play in the Palace.
Well first off, the Vipers had no affiliation with the Wings--or anyone, until they bought the Lightning--and still drew well. Even after comps they were one of the top draws in the IHL at their height.

Also, I don't think there's anywhere near the kind of animosity between Gores and the Ilitches as there was between Davidson and the Ilitches. So maybe a partnership could happen, although I think they're satisfied with what they've got going with Grand Rapids and Toledo. Ultimately I think it boils down to "do they want to own a hockey team?" I don't see it happening, but then stranger things have happened...

AceFace905 is offline   Reply With Quote