View Single Post
05-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Jersey Girl
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
I don’t like turning over personnel needlessly as much as the next guy, but this squad needs some change.

I would like to see a coaching change, but who? At the very least a PP coach needs to be brought in. They need to make a deliberate effort to improve special teams. Tortorella is wearing thin, but he’s earned another season with a training camp, etc. If we’re still struggling mid year, he has to go!

More than anything I want to see Miller, McILrath, and Kreider incorporated into the lineup as contributing players.
Is St Croix too far off? We have to start developing some of our own scoring from within. We some of our own ‘success stories”

Staal* - Girardi

Mcdonagh – Stralman – MDZ*

Moore – McIlrath

*I hope his vision is 100% for next season but Staals health concerns me. I’m not confident he can resume his physical style of play. hope I’m wrong.

Like many, I’m on board for trading MDZ to bring in another scorer.

I’d like to see sign a true PP QB for our power play.

Overall our defense is too soft. I think we need a crease clearing (not screening) presence.

Don’t sign:
Clowe* 1-2yr deal max no more than $3.5m per.
The scouting reports from Hartford sound like McIlrath will probably not be ready for the NHL next season. Apparently his knee injury set him back...or he still has a lot to learn...depends who you listen to.