View Single Post
05-22-2013, 10:36 AM
HFB Partner
vCash: 857
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
So we resign Clowe (and give up another 2nd round pick) who has had 2 concussions in the past month?

We don't buy out Richards who looks lost, out of shape, disinterested etc?

Instead of trading from our strength on defense (the left side) we trade a right defenseman in Girardi? That makes no sense unless we are upgrading the right side. Who's the upgrade? Mcilrath? Come on....

Where is Torts in your equation? Remember when Renney was fired how you loved Torts, Torts would change everything...etc....Is Torts still the right guy for the job? Is 4 seasons plus the end of 08-09 enough of a sample size to evaluate Torts?
Richards has another season to prove himself, nothing better on the market, might as well keep him.

Clowe and concussions. First, show me where it says he has a concussion (or 2). Right now, thats 100% supposition on your part

Trading Girardi.

You gotta give to get. The upgrade? there is none, we're going to take a hit there, but a guy like Stralman went from a waiver wire pikcup to one of our most reliable defenseman. Eminger has been just fine.

I still believe in Torts. I dont think he's the reason our #1 center has regressed the way he has...and it's the single biggest reason why we've sucked these playoffs.