View Single Post
05-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Seriously I cringe every time I read him as a legitimate suggestion.

If they want a younger, fresher team, the coaching staff needs to be younger as well. I like the idea of an established AHL coach. They deal with youth all the time and have watched the game evolve before their eyes to the pace it is played by the new generation of players. They should know how to make a younger team flourish. If they aren't going to look in the AHL they need to consider a forward thinking NHL coach who can get the most out of a young group. Someone like Maclean.

The only realistic suggestions I can personally make for the line-up are:

Buyout Richards. I loved this signing and he as a player before NYR. He doesn't deserve another year here. Get lost.

Do not re-sign Clowe. He cannot effectively play his style of hockey anymore and he's asking for too long of a term.

Re-sign Zucc. This one speaks for itself.

Trade DelZotto at the draft. He's still young but the value won't be there forever. Get a 1st rounder, preferably top15. They can do better than him.

Do everything you can to retain Staal. Hopefully he doesn't want to go to Carolina, but if he does move him before the deadline for the BPA.

Unrealistic hopefuls:

Kreider, Fasth, Lindberg and Miller all make the team out of camp.
I agree with virtually everything here. But you know what the scary part is? I STILL dont think they'd be legitimate contenders.