View Single Post
Old
10-03-2006, 10:33 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Welcome back E. Good points. My thinking about the team this year was that I was concerned over what looked like some soft pre season goals. D men, a second late, losing 1 on 1 coverage battles, less than stellar goaltending, but boatloads of potential up front. I was thinking that we may have some exciting if not, textbook hockey. Then I listen to some guys on a panel on Sportsnet last night thinking Huet will excel on a Carbo coached team as they will limit the chances.

So, I don't know. I believe the D can come together and play good team D. A lot of that depends on the forwards willingness to limit spacing, leaving the zone early etc. I think Plekanec will be an important player in whatever role he ends up with.

There seems to be more weapons at Carbo's disposal than any recent Mtl coach, but I see it as challenging to get the most out of them, in terms of position and icetime. This team can battle for the divison lead, or struggle to make the po's.

It's become so much about how teams come together now, that handicapping has become a real tossup.

The recent deal concerns me a bit in that I can't quite see the best line combinations, but that could be me just not seeing the obvious. If a Higgins or Johnson could play C if needed, I'd feel better, in terms of depth for whatever may happen.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote