View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 12:44 PM
quoipourquoi
Goaltender

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the edler View Post
Come on. Quick wasn't the Quick before 1112 and while Miller had a great season he wasn't exactly Hasek or Roy, more like Jim Carey. Miller is what Carey would have turned out to be if he only cared an ounce more about the game. If Thomas had an injured hip why was he even on the team? That doesn't sound like a good tactic if the No. 1 goalie falters. But yeah, you know when I think about it your goalies are so great I wonder how it's even physically or metaphysically possible to score a goal on them?

And Tellqvist? Pfft, he wasn't even on the team. You know you have great depth at the goalie position when you have to leave out a guy like Tellqvist.
If Thomas had an injured hip? He had hip surgery.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/ho...y-nearly-wasnt

And if you think I'm being biased about the physics and metaphysics of my USA goaltenders just because I think American goaltending has been better than Swedish goaltending in the last eight years (Ryan Miller was the best player in the Olympics, by the way), you clearly don't know me, because I always just cheer for Finland and Canada. I'm merely pointing out that Lundqvist wouldn't have gotten the start over Miller either, so your point about not being an Olympic starter means nothing. Unless you also think that Fredrik Modin was a better player than Martin St. Louis because St. Louis couldn't even make his Olympic team.

quoipourquoi is offline   Reply With Quote