View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Name Gorton the GM. Sather can remain as President. Just want him out of day-to-day personnel decisions.

Time to cut ties with the Torts era, IMO. Yes, he's had success here, but he's too abrasive and he's not flexible enough in his coaching methods to get the best out of different kinds of players. We need a coach who can work with what he has and adapt on the fly, not a guy who takes the my way or the highway approach to everything he does. Ideally, I'd replace him with Dallas Eakins.

Buyout Richards. Pretty self explanatory.

Re-sign McDonagh, Stepan, Hagelin, Zuccarello and Eminger.

Clowe is a tough one. If he's willing to take a one year deal to prove himself, I might consider it. Otherwise I'd let him walk.

I'd trade Del Zotto. Ideally we could get a top-six winger and bottom-pairing defender in return, but if a team is interested with a top-10 pick, say Edmonton for example, I might be game if the right player (Nichushkin) is still on the board.

The real trick is selling a strategy to Lundqvist. If he gets it in his head that we have no plan and this cycle of mediocrity is going to continue, I think he's as good as gone next summer. If he doesn't buy into it and indicates that he's thinking about leaving, the team might be better off trying to go with a full-on youth movement. He's the guy you need to worry about when it comes to wasting his prime years.