Thread: Prospect Info: Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:
View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 12:53 PM
bewbies

vCash: 500
Here's the schedule for the series:

Game 1 May 24 Oklahoma City @ Grand Rapids 6 p.m.
Game 2 May 25 Oklahoma City @ Grand Rapids 6 p.m.
Game 3 May 29 Grand Rapids@ Oklahoma City 7 p.m.
Game 4 May 31 Grand Rapids @ Oklahoma City 7 p.m.
Game 5 June 1 Grand Rapids @ Oklahoma City 7 p.m.
Game 6 June 4 Oklahoma City @ Grand Rapids 6 p.m.
Game 7 June 5 Oklahoma City @ Grand Rapids 6 p.m.

This is going to be a rough one for the Barons. They played 4 times in the regular season, the Barons won two, had a loss and a SOL. The Griffins have a ton of very talented, very speedy guys up front and their defense is probably the best 6 man group in the conference. What I remember about their key players:

Tomas Tatar: NHL ready now. Great skater, great hands, will probably be a 20 goal guy in the NHL next year. 8 goals in 11 playoff games so far this year.

Riley Sheahan: He's been a Barons killer, NHL-ready, great all around skillset.

Francis Pare: excellent AHL player, 9 pts in the playoffs. He always does well against the Barons, good speed down low and a good passer.

Jan Mursak: I don't really remember much of him but he's been on fire during the playoffs.

Luke Glendening: Physical guy, plays a game similar to Hartikainen. Excellent so far in the playoffs.

Tomas Jurco: Young guy, 2nd round pick, really skilled.

Jeff Hoggan: NHL veteran, I think he's the captain. Very, very good AHL player.

Triston Grant: Suprisingly skilled tough guy who I really liked when he was in OKC.

Nathan Paetsch: NHL veteran, elite AHL defenseman

Brett Skinner: veteran defenseman, solid AHL player

Adam Almquist: another really good-looking Wings late round draft pick, elite puck mover

Brennan Evans: Goon defenseman who is decent

Chad Billins: College vet, excellent PMD

Petr Mrazek: really young guy who tore things up in the regular season but hasn't looked as good in the playoffs so far

My best guess for the Barons lineup:

Harti/Arcobello/Rajala
Cornet/Green/Cheechoo
Tyrvainen/Stretch/Pitlick
Eager/VV/House

Jones/Fedun
Marincin/Stafford
Hotham/Davidson

I think our defense is much better equipped to take on the Griffins speed up front than they were earlier in the year. All 6 of our defensemen are very mobile and can move the puck effectively. Having Lander in the mix at C would make the forwards look a lot deeper (bench House, move Tyrvainen to the 4th line, move Stretch to LW), but the top two lines are as good as any in the AHL. Danis has been outstanding in the playoffs so far also.

This should be a great series. The teams remaining in the East all look very mortal to me, so whoever comes out of this is going to have a good shot at a championship.

bewbies is offline   Reply With Quote