View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I think if he didn't have an injury that affected his buy-out status that he more than likely would be gone. As that is not the case I wouldn't be surprised if he is back and underachieving once again next season.

The Canucks can't use the buyout near the start of next season? One would think that Booth would be fully healed at this time... If so, there's nothing preventing it from happening at that point.

It just seems like you're leaving the door open for you not to be proven wrong, if/when he is brought back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
So essentially you think that there won't be any changes from this past season and we can expect failure once again? Three straight first round embarrassments and four straight pathetic offensive showings in the playoffs? Will that finally be enough to cause change?

While Jordan Schroeder is no longer on an ELC, I expect his contract to be fairly cheap next season. If Kassian is a top 6er then why wouldn't Schroeder be?

There are three spots open, as far as I can tell, but the money will be tight:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-XXXX
Higgins-XXXX-Hansen
XXXX-Schroeder-Kassian
Sestito-Weise

So a 2nd line RW, a 3C, and a 4th line LW. With about 3-3.5m to spend. It's possible they get someone like Torres for the top6 spot, Goc/Prospect for the 3C spot, and a near league minimum 4th liner. Not big changes, but enough that it could balance the team.