Old
05-22-2013, 01:05 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The Canucks can't use the buyout near the start of next season? One would think that Booth would be fully healed at this time... If so, there's nothing preventing it from happening at that point.

It just seems like you're leaving the door open for you not to be proven wrong, if/when he is brought back.
Logic. Why would the Canucks buy him out towards the beginning of next season when all of the quality free agents will likely be gone by then? As you've said yourself, what use is unused cap space to the team? The only reason why I am in favour of buying him out is because there is an opportunity to improve on him with that cap space, but if the players we would be targeting are all signed elsewhere then what is the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
There are three spots open, as far as I can tell, but the money will be tight:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-XXXX
Higgins-XXXX-Hansen
XXXX-Schroeder-Kassian
Sestito-Weise

So a 2nd line RW, a 3C, and a 4th line LW. With about 3-3.5m to spend. It's possible they get someone like Torres for the top6 spot, Goc/Prospect for the 3C spot, and a near league minimum 4th liner. Not big changes, but enough that it could balance the team.
Looks like a pretty crappy lineup for next year if you ask me. I don't see how this team gets out of the first round, and wouldn't at all be surprised if they miss the playoffs. I guess we need a fourth straight embarrassing offense for change to happen, eh?