View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Funny how throughout the playoffs people were complaining how poorly the Sedins were playing, and now all of a sudden the story changes. I'm not sure what your expected totals are, but I expect more than 0 goals out of Daniel Sedin in his past 11 playoff games. To me that's unacceptable from your highest paid player.

We went over this. I showed you the expected point ratios and how the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows stacked up. They performed at a similar level this year. It's everyone else that didn't step up.

The story has been the same. It hasn't changed. Perhaps you not wanting to be believe it?

Quote:
The Sedins and Kesler are our core leaders offensively, and none of them are consistent in the playoffs. We simply need better production and just aren't getting that. You can say you're happy with them all you want, but I'm saying this team will not go anywhere in the playoffs again with these guys as the focal point of our offense.

Expected point totals. There is no basis to see them as culprits when they are matching totals, and others are falling short. Attribution error. It's pretty simple actually. Statistically, the depth players are falling short of their expected totals. Yet, you still want to point to the core? Why?