View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 04:02 PM
SwissBruin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
You are comparing apples and oranges. The view that the Olympics are the "best on best" is based on the idea that all of the players are made available and there is an assumption that they have had a chance to practice together (summer training camp and prior to Olympics). No one thinks the Stanley Cup finals are meaningless, because everyone understands these are all club teams. Now, if you want a "Champions Tournament" with the Stanley Cup winners playing the SEL, FEL, KHL, etc. champs, sign me up. I like the Stanley Cup winners chances.
Don't get me wrong, I love the NHL and especially the playoffs. But this endless complaining and diminishing of the WC is really annoying. No one says it is a best on best tournament! It is an international tournament where nations compete against each other with the best teams they are able to assemble. Who cares if some players are missing? Even the Olympics are not best on best, you always have some players missing due to injuries. Would a Russian win in Sochi still count if Crosby is out with another concussion? If some of you don't care about the WC that's fine, but then just ignore it and stop the endless complaining about it!

SwissBruin is offline   Reply With Quote