View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Pressure
Tier 1 fan..lmao

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Did you ever play one of the top 5 sports in the world for your country.

My belief is you are a person with zero concept of what elite level play is.

based on your rejection of stats.

What i showed was Smyth was a top 40 EV point producer with real players.
And terible with Brown, Eager, Petrell.
Which you do not think is an excuse.

So you believe, Hall, RNH, Eberle are the same as Brown, Petrell, Eager @ even play and the diference is Smyth's fault.
Yes you are so correct.
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LOL@t......

Embarrasing of historic level:
Classic!

That is what everyone here is arguing.

Smyth needs to hang it up
cause it is his Fault!
Not that there is a diffrence between his teamates.

You guys are saying
Brown = Gagner, HALL, RNH, Eberle,
Petrell = Gagner, HALL, RNH, Eberle,
Eager = Gagner, HALL, RNH, Eberle,
to support your Smyth sucks argument.

EPIC!
EPIC!
LMAO EPIC!
What does attacking me with your dribble about "playing one of the top 5 sports in the world for your country" have anything to do with your argument? Is it supposed to lend you credibility when you're looking at a calculator and a website to make your point more valid. I'm not even going to bring in personal achievements here, but i will say I am still a competitive athlete in all sports even at the twilight of my careers.

Anyways, as other posters have ran into the ground, all you have to do is watch his individual play with the puck and away from it to notice he's been terrible.
Yes, he may have been on lines with less skilled players, but he has not done anything to show he deserves more ice time.

It's easy to say he played better with better players...hell anyone would. If you put established NHL'ers with our main horses I would bloody hope they are better players. That still doesn't diminish the fact that Smyth from an isolated viewpoint on the ice has been terrible.

I'm not disrespecting him, I was happy he came on board as a mentor at the beginning, but resigning him for 2 years extra was too much, too long. He needs to slide over and let the kids play, teach from the box, teach in practice. He's definitely no Jagr.

Funny part is, I'm a big advanced stats guy, I love it, but in hockey it's too hard to track, too easy to manipulate to set your own agenda. In Basketball, less players, but more control of those stats and less ambiguous. Advanced stats has kept me top of my keeper league for 3 years. Sure they put up stats, but they are terrible team players. Look at someone like Carmello Anthony. Big stats, however he makes players around him worst (debatable). Look at someone like Goran Dragic, great fantasy stats, led the team to one of the worst in the league, known to just put up stats over the team play.
Football, much easier as you view schemes more than individual players. Slower game. Baseball, slower, easier to identify individual players and patterns.

Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote