View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Toydarian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
TBH its never been a team I properly understood. Some teams you watch and you understand how they're getting it done. Hawks to me just seemed to walk all over opponents with little opposition that year and who all seemed to be intimidated and put off their game. I saw very little compete from any of the clubs facing the Hawks that year.

Who do you find are the biggest missing ingredients. Versteeg, Campbell, Buff, Ladd? They've added some players as well.

I don't buy it as an excuse. Wings have had to fill the absence of the best player in hockey period. They keep marching on. The Oilers lost Gretzky, Paul Coffey, Andy Moog and still won a cup in 90. The Hawks have no excuse imo.
The primary reason the 2010 Hawks won the cup: Toews and Duncan Keith were dominant. These playoffs, Toews has 0 goals in 8 games, Keith has been good but not quite the game changer he was in 2010.

The third line of Ladd, Bolland, and Versteeg were vital to the success of the 2010 Hawks. They played a major role both as a shutdown line as well as offensive contributors (Bolland and Versteeg with 16 and 14 points respectively). Byfuglien was also altogether a different animal in those playoffs.

It could very well be the team caught lightening in a bottle, however the combination of excellent individual performances during their run made them a ridiculously strong team.

Last edited by Toydarian: 05-22-2013 at 05:00 PM.