View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 04:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
If you want to tell me Kreider deserved more PP time, fine. I can buy that. The PP has been abysmal for God knows how long. Giving a guy undeserved ice time because he has the potential to score despite not playing well enough to merit that ice time, sends the wrong message. That leads to the entitled way of thinking. I am referring to those guys because they played their way into the top 9. Believe it or not, Torts was doing what's best for Kreider and the Rangers LONG TERM. It is about developing good habits and becoming a pro. FWIW, compared to his even strength time, he got decent PP time. Particularly, his first stint up with the big club this year.
I completely understand where you are coming from. I understand not wanting to create that sense of entitlement. However, I just do not believe he handled Kreider properly this year. Even when the kid came back from stints in the minors, he would be demoted to the 4th line or is ice time would be diminished even if he didn't make a mistake out there. There were plenty of players not producing but they were allowed to keep taking their regular shift? It's hypocritical. JT Miller comes up and was getting worse and worse, but yet Torts kept playing him. He gave a longer leash to Miller because he plays more to Torts' liking. It is hard to sit here and say no Torts is not biased when he coaches. I have tried to tell myself that because I loved when we hired him. But, it is just too evident.