View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Not that he's quite at PPG, but I'm not exactly hearing that about Lindholm. Just saying.

Collberg's a fine prospect, but he's quickly becoming the most overhyped one in years. He's not a blue chipper by any means and some are talking about a shoe-in in the top 6.
Lindholm isn't particularly close to a PPG, but he's close enough to be legitimate top 10 talent who could get picked in the top 5, and considered the best Swedish prospect since at least Backstrom. And if he had say 10 more points, he's be considered in the same league as Jones, Mac and Drouin, easily.

Collberg was never considered a top 10 prospect. If your idea of a blue chip prospect is someone likely to be an elite prospect, you are right, he's not one. He was however, considered a mid first round pick and was basically a free first rounder for us. He is a great prospect, one with plenty he needs to work on but I think he has a higher ceiling than guys like Leblanc and Kristo...considering the hype they get, it's only natural Collberg does also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Collberg will need to work on his explosion, agility and top speed to be a successful winger in the NHL. Right now, pretty much only his shot is NHL worthy.

As for the size, people live in the past conceptions that 6'0+ is tall. Not anymore. A 6'0 guy WILL look smallish on the ice (notice here I didn't say he could not be bulky at the same time). I would be surprised if the average height is under 6'2 to be honest.
Collberg has pretty nice explosion, I'm not sure where you get the idea that's a weakness of his.

Average height in the NHL is like 6'1". The idea that 5'11" is small is pretty ridiculous though, I don't know about you but I'm 6'2" and I don't find I have any advantage over 6' guys when it comes to sports. I can see dismissing a player for being 5'6", but 5'11"?

Last edited by Et le But: 05-22-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote