View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Toydarian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Well yeah, we know, but the thing is a lot of those guys are contributing players. Not key essential pieces.

The question still deserves to be asked: What is wrong with these Chicago Black Hawks and where goest Keith, Toews, Keith, Hossa, Sharp, Bolland, etc?

Really when one looks at it the 2010 run was some magic in a box where a lot of players played the best they've ever played at the same time and ran over Nashville (choke) Vancouver (choke) SJ(huge inexplicable choke) on the way to a cup final against a weak seed Flyers team that somehow got out of the perennially weak EC.

Hawks had an easy ride. The one series people expected to test them, SJ, ended up a sweep. go figure.

My opinion is the Hawks never had to work as hard to win a cup and therefore don't know how to. They got the easiest ride I've seen. An off year for many other clubs.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, I am just saying the 2010 cup winning Hawks were arguably one of the strongest teams to win the cup within the last decade. At the time, I didn't feel their opposition was weak, but to be honest I can't say I thought about it.

The 2013 Hawks are very different team than the 2010 Hawks, and their top players (most notably Toews) aren't playing to the level that they can. Also, it's worthwhile to emphasis the series is only 2-1 for the Wings, it is certainly not lost (not that I'm suggesting you're implying that).