Thread: Player Discussion: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I wouldnt give him 3 years if he played for free.

If he wasnt broken, maybe I'd give him 2.

Point is, I dont care what he asks for.
But how do we know he's broken? This seems like a gross over reaction. We are speculating (probably rightfully so) that he has had 1, maybe 2 concussions. He rested 4 games... which is abnormally low to sit out for a concussion, then had his head mashed into the boards again, likely intensifying his concussion symptoms from 5 games before or giving him an entirely different one. Now it's true that concussions vary, person - person, concussion - concussion, but what seems to be a very telling trend is the intensity and the nature of how you received the concussion. Neither hit was particularly vicious. What appears like a viable option - is that he tried to play through a concussion, rushed coming back, and realized he couldn't play at a high level when he got hit near the head again. 4 games to rest a concussion is literally nothing. More telling to me is his level of competitiveness to even try and come back after such an injury, not that he will not be able to recover.

If he's signing for 2-3 years at 2-2.5 per and has a 4th line or tops 3rd line role, I think its more than fair. If he's asking for 3 + years at 4 mill + then its a no brainer. I'm not for retaining this guy at all costs. But if the price is reasonable, he's the type of guy you want on your checking line and in your locker room.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote