Old
05-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Well, herein lies the problem.

Maybe in a couple of years, Stepan/Brassard can approach Bergeron/Krejci levels (I still remain very skeptical that will ever happen). Maybe in a couple of years, John Moore becomes the PP QB we desperately need. By that time, Lundqvist is in his mid-30's.

...and lets face it, when his game starts to slip, this team is in for a major world of hurt. Do you think the current personnel can develop to the point where that doesnt make a negative impact?
I think the current group can develop to a point where they can give Hank more goal support, and be the ones that win games more often than they do right now, as opposed to forcing Hank to steal them. All that before his game starts to slip.

However, in the immediate term, I don't see that happening. Unless we see a lot of "what ifs" come to fruition next fall. I.e., Kreider playing like a top-six forward, some combination of Zucc, OL, Fast, Miller and Hrivik shoring up the 3rd line, and us finding another scoring winger to compliment Nash, Callahan and Kreider in the top-six. PLUS someone emerging as a PP QB.

Once again, there are simply too many problems to address in one summer.