View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 11:48 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Offseason outlook V1:

UFAs:
Steve Eminger - Worth Keeping as 6th or 7th. Showed he can play in that spot for 10-12 minutes
Matt Gilroy - Let go or sign in AHL if nobody wants him.
Roman Hamrlik - Retire
Ryane Clowe - With what was sent the other way, there needs to be an attempt to resign. 2 concussions in a month sucks. See if he takes around 4 million. If not, let him walk.

RFAs: (NOTE- No RFAs will be given more than 2 years)
Stepan - 2.3 million
McDonagh - 2.5 million
Hagelin - 2 million
Zuccarello - 1.2 million
Sauer - Retained by tendering offer. Would love to see him back somewhere. Hopefully, his life is getting back to normal
AHLers should be retained on cheap 2 way deals

Buyout Brad Richards

See if there are any takers on the following players: Pyatt, Powe, Boyle, DZ, Girardi

Nash, Brassard, Stepan, and Callahan should be the only skater in the top 6 currently on the team. I would love to make Hags a 3rd liner.

Have the kids battle for the bottom 6 spots: Miller, Kreider, Lindberg, Fasth, MSC, Thomas, Jean, Hrivik, Palmieri, Yogan, and Bourque should get looks in camp. Come ready. Dorsett, Asham, and those retained from my trade list would battle as well.

There should be a short list of guaranteed spots on the roster that are currently there. Those should go to these players: Stepan, Nash, Cally, Brassard, McDonagh, Staal, Stralman, Girardi, DZ. Even the guys on the trade list, sans Girardi and DZ should not have guaranteed spots.

Players they should be after in free agency to me:

Mark Streit - If they trade Girardi, Streit would provide an offensive punch. Doubt he would come here, but you never know.

Pierre-Marc Bouchard - Minny most likely lets him walk. Talented, yet can be injury prone. A lot of skill. something this team needs

Michael Ryder - Scorer. Think he returns to MTL. If he hits the market, should be good. Cup winner and good playoff performer. 30 goal guy.

Mason Raymond. Tons of speed. Great 3rd liner, solid 2nd line option. Canucks going through coaching change might look to shake up team. He might not return

Others: Stalberg, Nystrom,