View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 11:15 PM
HamDangled

vCash: 500
I was playing a game in the intramural league at my university this year and one guy on the other team was a nutcase. Their team had 4 skaters and a goalie, so we gave them one of our guys so we could even play (otherwise they'd forfeit). Every guy on this team was an alumni so they were all like 30-40. Meanwhile our while team was 18-21 or so and we were playing in the 2nd lowest of 4 skill levels.

I guess this guy got tripped up by accident and gave one of our guys 3 crosschecks after the whistle. He later got tripped up again and yelled "Touch me again and I WILL F***ING KILL YOU! I WILL END YOUR LIFE." His elementary school-aged children were on the bench for all of this. After hearing this I asked the ref if he would please watch this guy because I didn't feel safe, he assured me he'd be tossed following another incident.

Sure enough, he ran one of our guys from behind and that was that. Then as he was skating off came back after another of our guys. I yelled to him that he was an adult and should act like he was in front of his children.

I was surprised because usually the 40 year olds are the ones who say "I've got work tomorrow!" Not the ones who go looking to start ****.