View Single Post
05-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Giroux tha Damaja
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
From now on whenever says the word "team" or "defense" in relation to the Flyers' struggles this year, just insert the word "Bryzgalov" and you realize how foolish all of this Lavi, Holmgren, defense hate is.
This is interesting to read coming from you Chris. There was a long time there where you and I bumped heads on the importance of good goal tending. You often swore the team made the goalie, and that the difference between a great and mediocre NHL goalie was the team in front of him. Now that our team is struggling you're very willing to blame it all on the goal tending. I am admittedly oversimplifying your arguments, but you get my point: you just look kind of like a goalie hater. Goalies doing great? Must be the team. Teams doing awful? Must be the goalie.

Bryzgalov has been inconsistent and average overall. Average, at his salary, isn't acceptable. But average is...average. The whole team needs to be better.

Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
If he's struggling offensively, then he shouldn't have problems here. The highest scoring player for the Preds this year was Weber. We have a lot of scoring forwards that could definitely put up his numbers.
That's a fair point that I hadn't considered. If his only struggles were producing points then I'd be more interested. Then again if he's playing well defensively and has shown the ability to put up points on higher scoring teams, I don't know that Nashville will let him go that cheap. Isn't Ellis a little dude, like 5'9''?