View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 06:54 AM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Also not saying we should or shouldn't, but I'd guess Johansen plus the 14th gets us somewhere in the 5-7 range.

If I was the Canes, I would want to win now while the Staal's are in their primes, and I'd look to trade the 5th pick for Johansen and Tyutin. The Oilers are another team that might do that, in their case being sick of draft picks and wanting to trade for defence and certainty.

I probably wouldn't do Johansen and Tyutin for the 7th, but I probably would for the 5th, just because Lindholm has sky-high upside. You don't know if he'll even be better than Johansen alone, but he has a chance to be much much better, and I'd trade for that.

BTW, none of this should be read as giving up on Johansen. I'm still operating on the assumption that he'll be a player of decent character, probably a good all-around second line center.
There is no way I would trade Johansen AND Tyutin for the 5th pick. I am okay with trading Johansen if JD and JK think that is best, but they better get more value in a trade than that.