View Single Post
05-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Still burning Lowood
vCash: 1239
i have had this issue in the past with past girls but my wife understands fully that hockey isnt just hockey for me. I once heard a guy tell his wife when questioned about hockey "I made a commitment to this team a long time ago and i hold up my end of the commitment, just like our marriage".

Personally i have 4 kids 7 to newborn and i still play 1-2 times a week. most games are after the kids are in bed and occasionally i will miss a game if one of the kids has hockey/soccer/lacrosse etc.

just talk with her and explain to her that it isnt just playing hockey, its social interaction with your friends, it is exercise and it is a release of stress from work and life in general. if she doesnt understand that its part of your life then tell her to beat it.

our team has lost a few players over the years from controlling wives including one that came right in the room and chewed the dude out in front of the whole team. i stood up for him which probably didnt help any but someone had to say something.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote