: Player Discussion:
Brad Richards Part II
View Single Post
05-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Originally Posted by
I still think Richards is back next year and will be bought out in summer 2014. It's obviously got its Pros/Cons to amnesty him this year.
- Remove a major cap hit to make it easier to re-sign McDonagh, Stepan and Hagelin
- Allows team to have more cap stability throughout season
- Gets team to allow more youth in the lineup
- Might put too much pressure on Lindberg and Stepan
- Lose some leadership
- Chance he has bounce back year and Rangers miss out on it
I'm up in the air on bringing him back. I'd like for Lindberg to be brought along slower and not be forced into playing a more significant role. But on the other hand, Richards sucks. A real Catch-22.
It's whatever to me.
How much of a leader can you be when you're not an effective player? Honest question. I don't know but wouldn't wager that you can be that effective.
Mike Babcock on Hockey Central yesterday said a player who used to be a star player whose game is deteriorating is the hardest to coach.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by nyranger61494