View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuineaPig View Post
Shootouts are an interesting aspect. They most definitely contribute to a team's overall success, but for both skaters and goalies they have been almost completely ignored when it comes to awards voting/discussion.

I think Lundqvist absolutely merits additional consideration based on his shootout performance. As much as people might not like it, it's a part of the game now.
I don't know, a 45-30 record in shootouts and that adds something to his resume? It is just another regular season win..........or loss. There were times when Jussi Jokinen was nearly automatic on the shootout. But other than that this is the only time that I can think of the shootout really adding to any talk of career value. Every player does it now, and every player has times when they do well or not. Maybe a player like Bure or Mario would be guys that would score 8/10 times and that would make a difference. But until someone comes around where they are a lock cinch to score, or make a trio of saves, then it won't add anything to a player's season.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote