View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Exactly, special skaters. And I don't think they lack toughness on the back end. McD is tough as heck. Staal is very strong presence when he's healthy. Girardi hits and can hold his own.

It's the rest of the D that gets a bit soft, Moore has the size to become more tough. But MDZ, stralman, never going to be that physical. But I'm not sure if that's really needed.

The rangers are getting pummeled right now by a team with who on defense? Chara and a bunch of kids.

This idea that many here have that the rangers need like 15 top 4 DMen is looney. They need 4 top 4 DMen. Staal, girardi, McD, and whoever the 4th is. Trade the rest for offensive players.
well compared to the Caps and Bruins they are.. John Erskine would be another target if he was an UFA just resigned 2 years i believe. Rangers need a tough physical in your face dman.. someone to make the oposition pay if they go near Lundqvist. Lundqvist has been sprayed while other teams crash the net with no response. if I was Lundqvist id be pissed... would this happen with Marty and the Devils although Marty would dive like a fish and the other team would get a penalty... every time a Ranger went near Capitals net their was a scrum.. i wish NYR had that type of heart and character...