View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 01:06 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
People should stop underrating Boston.

Boston is not an "average" team. It's a force to deal with, a real strong, complete team with all mixes of ingredients in their cocktail. They have the makeup of a Championship team.

They have a solid goaltender in Rask.
A franchise d-man in Chara.
Good puck-moving types in Hamilton and Seidenberg.
Good, solid, rough defensive ds in Ference, McQuaid and Boychuk.
The best 4th line in the league (Paille - Campbell - Thornton)
A great complementary 3rd line who can chip in AND play good defense (Jagr - Kelly - Peverley)
Two very good scoring lines (Seguin - Bergeron - Marchand and Lucic - Krejci - Horton) with size, skills, sniping and physicality, along with some complete players)
A very, very good coach in Julien
And all of them play in a team first concept. They are held accountable and are standing up for each other like any big family would.

They have as good a team as the LA Kings. I wouldn't be surprised if they won it all again this season.
It's moreso the result of everyone previously OVER-rating them. They've shown all season that they lack offensive punch and that they aren't the same team from 2011 (even 2012 was a lesser team despite Seguin's rise).

They are a very good team, no doubt, but everyone picking them to be favourites was a bit ridiculous to me. They are very beatable. And THIS year, in particular, they have underachieved. The rangers series is the first time I've seen them resemble the team they SHOULD look like so I'll give them credit there. Another thing to compliment them for is Bartkowski and Krug seeming to be very good players. Too bad Nieuwendyk is such a moron.

They are not the Kings, though...