View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Everyone seems to think that Siemens was the guy. I'm willing to bet that the guy they had in mind was Hamilton. As for Siemens, I don't understand the Siemens hate. The guy is a great defenseman. Yes, he's more along the lines of Luke Schenn, but he's still a great defensive prospect.
So you'd trade Couturier for Siemens to fill our teams need for a defenseman?

I have nothing against Siemens at all. He's a fine prospect. My point was that the Flyers took the talent over the need and have not come to regret it.

They did the same with Laughton over Maatta and that jury is still out, but Laughton has only improved since that selection both in terms of production and speculative re-draft position. If EVER there was a time to skip over the C for D, surely it was then when Maatta was sliding to you in spite of projections as a top 15 pick.

I am confident that the Flyers will continue to take the BPA in spite of the ill-conceived, reactionary desires of some segments of their fanbase. That said, I suspect that the BPA at the Flyers slot could very well be a defensemen, so this argument would end up being meaningless.