Hudon -- P. Bergeron -- Bourque
Collberg/Kristo -- Eller -- Prust
Moen -- White -- Dumont

Subban -- Tinordi
Emelin -- Beaulieu
Gorges -- Hjalmarsson

Free agent signings: Bergeron and Hjalmarsson
Players dumped or traded: Desharnais, Plekanec, Markov, Gionta

This lineup probably gives us room for more pickups.

Bergeron is to me the best center available/actually available. He's a winner, excellent both ways, great on faceoffs and an ultimate team player. He's the perfect upgrade on a guy like Plekanec at barely more money i bet. Hjalmarsson is also attainable because of how deep their squad is.

If i can't get Bergeron i'd go after Bolland hard, very similar player.

I don't want to pick any players with baggage of being a loser or any inkling of a me-first attitude. There's a lot of talent in thisw free agency pool, but not necessarily a lot of team guys. Bergevin is building a winner here, and i want guys that will come in (like Prust) and fit in seemlessly.
You are making huge assumptions that those guys don't get re-signed which happens with a ton of UFA eligible players the year before.

Your Bergeron-Plekanec thing makes no sense. Plekanec is signed at 5 mil per year, if he moves on from Boston and is healthy, I'm sure he will cost a lot more than the 5 mil cap hit Plekanec has making it dumb to spend more and dump a guy that's already here and arguably as good.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote