View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post

You know what, you're actually right. I had totally forgotten that he's played with some pretty okay and not great wingers (Gionta, Cammelleri was the upper echelon and look where he is now, Kovalev, etc.). Had he played with Phil Kessel, probably would put up more points than Bozak

There isn't one blueprint, but the main one is having good depth all across the board and everyone playing well come end of April/May hockey. MTL doesn't have all the pieces of the blueprint yet, but I think I'll cede and agree that with Pleks/Chucky/Eller in a few years, we'll have depth down the middle. What we need to fix is the back end and Carey needs to step up. Oh and get another good scoring winger and maybe one that can hit too (Horton anyone?).
If you're only missing 1-2 key pieces THEN you can use UFA or trade for a big piece. I think the "build" portion of this will last until Galchenyuk is at least a top 6 guy without insulated minutes and Beaulieu/Tinordi are playing top 4 roles.

That doesn't mean we can't go on a playoff run the next 2 years or even surprise and win a la Boson/Carolina/LA but the real contending 5-6 year window should be after the next 2 years.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote