View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Found just the book I was looking for (though it's outdated by 10 years but I'm fairly sure nothing has been made similar since then). It's called Players A-Z and has a profile of thousands of players in a paragraph or two with really small text. The thing is almost a thousand pages. I found it at a used store....the regular price is $60....no wonder some of those don't sell lol. This will really help me out when making hockey cards for certain players with little information so that I have something to write about them and it's fun to flip through. I only wish it had less players who can be deemed as basically non-regulars.

Also found a Hockey's Golden Era book, an Original Six coffee table book, and an "oral history" of the Habs by Dick Irvin. There are so many cool hockey books published before, I wish someone would do a list of all the non-child ones. Sometimes I'm amazed when I find a biography of a certain player which I didn't know existed. Pierre Pilote btw has a biography coming out later in the year that I'm looking forward to as not many O6 players wrote one though it seems that several from the 70s/80s did.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote