View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 04:33 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Given where Colorado finished this year, I wonder how much pressure is on him. It's not like he's Gretzky, who was an atrocious coach (I think most of us have blocked that abomination from our memories) without prior experience. Roy is coming in having had success in a very competitive league and having dealt with all kinds of players. I think he reads the game well, but how that translates to a full NHL season will be interesting. Def looking forward to some agression towards the opposite bench/coach (hmmmm...get ready Babcock). In fact, he might be a little bit like 2002 Therrien.

As for him coming back to MTL, I really want to give Therrien the team he wants before kicking him out of town. I think he's gone a great job so far and it's just the beginning. Unfortunately, we might just be developing into a powerhouse once the media/fans become impatient with him though it will be because of him. I'm afraid that (hypothetically) bringing in a Roy might mess it all up, but hey, that's looking way too far into the future. Roy might be awesome from day one.