View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Bushwick Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
O'Marra put up good junior numbers and no one thinks a 1st round listed player is going to bust pre draft. That is why they are a 1st round listed player. My points were that it happens, and suggesting that it's impossible that Lazar or Horvat could bust is a mistake. 2003 was the deepest draft in forever and we still pulled a bust out of the 1st round.

We should trade up for the name we want or take whichever of Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Monahan, Nichushkin, or Lindholm reaches 7.

If we really like a Nurse/Risto/Horvat/Lazar, then try to package our 2nds and a good young player/prosepct for a later 1st.
If **** hits the fan, yes anyone can bust.. Is that really your point? I don't see how it changes the notion that horvat and lazar are two of the safest picks out there. They clearly have the qualities of being a 3rd line checker in case somehow their offense doesnt translate over, can you say the same about other prospects? If you're drafting those guys in the 1st round, you clearly are expecting their offense to translate over. If there offense does come then these are the guys that turn into the bergeron/backes/brown/richards/callahan/doan type players that we desperately need to go with our high end skill

If you really like your guy, whats wrong taking him at 7 if you dont like whats left. Especially when we need center depth, the most important position. I think packaging your 2nds and whatever else to move into the top 15 will be next to impossible. Teams will hold onto those picks like every other year so how is that an option?

If you think you can trade down and still get Horvat or Lazar and something else, go ahead, but take the guy who you think is going to be a difference maker for this club regardless. BPA is always subjective.