View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 06:32 PM
adsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Hellberg's trade value is greatest right now, he will be a starter in the league in a couple years if we put him behind Rinne for a year his value could be hurt due to limited play. Smith would be an improvment over Mason and have the motivastion to improve where Mason knew he was a back-up at the end of his career. With Korns reputation and the Preds ability to develop goalies DP could get a late 2nd round pick for Hellberg and use late round picks to get more European goalies that we seem to have ability to find.

12 to 15 games will be the back-up workload with Pekka healthy but if hes injured the teams in trouble. So Hellberg staying would be the logical thing but this is athe team that re-signed Mason brought in Hannan to play a significant role so the logic become about as clear as Mud at times.
I disagree on Smith. He fell apart and then got injured in the AHL. He isn't ready for the NHL as a back-up in my opinion. I have 1/2 STX for the Admirals.

Why don't you become the GM and just release Hellberg? What happens if Rinne's surgery didn't go well or he gets hurt? The Preds are screwed with Smith as #1.

Pekka should play less so his career lasts longer. Playing 65 or 70 games isn't good for most goalies in the long run.