View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Goon42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
Defense:
Defense is a tough one because we have so many options. The only locks IMO would be Karlsson and OEL. All the others are depending on what kind season they have. I think Larsson will have a breakthrough season next season and that puts him on the team..

- The Hedman-EK pairing. They had good chemistry in the WJC a few years ago. Should complement each other well. Great mobility.
- The OEL-Adam Larsson pairing. OEL will be close to a Norris contender and I think Larsson will have kind of a breakthrough season next year. They played together in the WJC and had good chemistry. Edler could easily take Larssons spot but Larsson has the advantage of being a RD and shooting right.
- The Enstrom-Hjalmarsson pairing. I think they should complement each other well. Enstrom with his great mobility and Hjalmarsson has been great on the big ice and in the NT before. I think Hjalmarsson is the most defensively responsible dman we have.
- 7th defenseman would be Murray. Maybe a surprise for many. He's had a pretty bad season but seem to have bounced back nicely after coming to the Penguins. I pick him for his great character and physical game. Hockey is a team game and he makes the team more complete with his attributions. He is a bad skater and should play pretty sheltered minutes but he should be a good attribution playing SH in front of our crease against Canada, Russia and USA. We have nobody else on our team team that can clear the crease with his authority. He is also I guy that would really stand up for his team mates when the going gets tough. Something we have badly needed before, like when Forsberg was boarded by Niedermayer and nobody did a **** about it.
N. Kronwall, Edler, Brodin, J. Ericsson, Grossmann, Tallinder and Oduya etc would all be very close to making the team. Kronwall and Edler are LD and I would prefer Hedman, OEL and Enstrom over them on that position on big ice. These three are better skaters than Kronwall and Edler. Both Edler and Kronwall are very good but they also seem to enter long stretches of really bad defensive play. We can't afford them having such a period in the OG. If Brodin takes another big step next year, it would be hard to keep him off the team.

Hedman - E. Karlsson

OEL - A. Larsson

Enström - Hjalmarsson

Murray
Damn the swedish defense looks stellar, some tough calls but i just dont see how N. Kronwall and Edler DONT make the team.