View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 07:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Not with PHO, due to how they mishandled them and I doubt PHO trades his rights very freely. I felt he had good tools, just needed proper development at the time.
I'd say Phoenix botched the development of Turris and Boedker much worse. Tikhonov was drafted two full years after his first of eligibility. He had plenty of pro experience at the KHL level, too. He wasn't some green kid in over his head. He was very, very close to being a solid NHL player. He had some adjustments to make and a lot to learn. He needed some AHL seasoning but he wasn't interested in too much of that.

What happened was Phoenix got better as a team and no longer had a roster spot to let Viktor Tikhonov learn how to be an NHL player. Dave Tippett has said numerous times that he feels the AHL is for development and the NHL is for finished products. Argue if you'd like, but DT generally gets good results.

Tikh should've been given more of a chance, but he also should've been more willing to pay his dues in the AHL. I don't think there are any hard feelings, or anything.

Like I said, I think he's NHL ready. I hope Phoenix offers him up to a team like NJ just as a favor. I'd like to see him succeed.