View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
I am really hoping the Miller rumors aren't true.

Assuming they are though, one would have to assume that likely means Varly would be headed out as well and likely to a team looking for a goalie?

Varly to CGY for there 2nd 1st + Reinheart?

Varly to PHI for Laughton and there 2nd?

Varly to NJD for there 1st?

Varly to PHX for Gormley + 3rd?

Know idea what Varly's value would be on the open market. IMO his value has dropped just a little since we acquired him. At the time we gave up a very possibly Top 5 pick + 2nd and it turned out to be the 11th overall.

I think at this point we could either get 1 Top 15 1st, or a later 1st + a good prospect, or a really good prospect + a later pick.

Personally out of the proposals I made just then I like the idea of picking up Gormley or Laughton the most.

But I really hope the Miller rumors aren't true. I have seen enough from Varly the last 2 years despite the poor end to this year that I think Varly can still easily be our #1 goalie next year and potentially be a Top 7 or 8 goalie in the league soon enough.

EDIT: Then again, thinking about what Lindback got last summer, and considering that Varlamov is much more proven and better then Lindback, he might be able to fetch a bit more then what I proposed if a team really likes him, but I have no idea how much that would be.