View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Oh definitely. I guess I missed the *some players in your post. I say that as a fan making peanuts compared to a bottom rung player that I would prefer the exposure, but if I was already making my millions, I'm not so sure it would be the same. I'm sure there are still players who prefer to play in a hockey mad market, PK Subban seems like one of those guys who has the personality to embrace it for sure. Gorges seems to like it here ect ect.

The truth is we're just guessing here, we haven't really been considered a heavy favorite even in seasons we've excelled. I'd like to believe that if we build it, they will come, but I have some reservations. Players seem to love going to NY, I'm not sure why, their success hasn't been any better than ours.
The guys going to NYC go there because it's the big apple, that's it. Their results since winning the cup is pretty similar to ours actually, and their history isn't as rich as ours. Their city is one of the most popular in the world though, that's what is really attractive.

All I was saying is that it's not crazy to think the fanbase has an affect, good or bad, on where some players sign.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote