View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Tigers1992

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I could support this, BUT, the automatic home entry has to go. More and more I think about it, that's the issue. It guarantees some fans the opportunity to see meaningful games that otherwise wouldn't have been able to. Just send the conference finalists. I realize you might lose some home support, but if you rotated between the East (Ottawa/Kingston) and the West (London/Kitchener) the worst you would have would be Ottawa and SSM playing in London. More often than not, you'd have at least one team within day trip distance.
Im convinced that if thy did that, the same issues would still be there. The 'they don't belong' rhetoric. We saw it with Mississauga in 2011, when fans where upset that they advanced past Owen Sound. The 'hometown excuse' allows some team's fans to justify loosing. They will still look for that if a finalist is there in my opinion.

Other issue will be rallying volunteers. How does the host convince people to take part when the home town team isn't playing? Will they still come? That's a big issue.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote