View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 09:23 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Im convinced that if thy did that, the same issues would still be there. The 'they don't belong' rhetoric. We saw it with Mississauga in 2011, when fans where upset that they advanced past Owen Sound. The 'hometown excuse' allows some team's fans to justify loosing. They will still look for that if a finalist is there in my opinion.
Less so, I think. If there's still issues then go to three teams. Play each team twice so you still have a total of 6 round robin games. First goes through to the final, the other two play in a semi then on to the final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Other issue will be rallying volunteers. How does the host convince people to take part when the home town team isn't playing? Will they still come? That's a big issue.
I don't think it would be - at least in Ontario. The volunteer crew I was working with in Mississauga consisted of 2 from Barrie, 4 from Oshawa, one from Brampton and one from Toronto. There were a lot of what I presume "local" kids, but they were there for their school hours. Many didn't even notice when half the Majors walked into the volunteer room to get water, so I don't think they were big time Majors fans.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote