View Single Post
Old
10-04-2006, 12:30 AM
PantherBlood6*

vCash: 500
Bertuzzi leaving? not so fast...

Quote:
He knew a bit about South Florida before the trade. His grandparents have a winter place in Pompano Beach. His first All-Star appearance was in Sunrise. And the golfing's terrific.

"There's a course every time you turn your head," he says.

Bertuzzi, who will become an unrestricted free agent after this season, figures this is the kind of area where a guy can lay down roots.

"Are you kidding?" he says. "If you're in a place like this, weather like this, you want to play your (butt) off so you're not traded out of a situation like this. If I'm in an area where I love and I want to be, I'm giving it everything I have so there's not a chance or an opportunity to get out of here."
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...uzzi_1004.html

most of the time...i write off comments to the player being "politically correct"...after all...how often did we hear a certain primadonna mutter the same exact words this time last season?

but if you read the entire article...he doesn't seem like the type to say things just to say them. he says what he feels, and at times, it rubs people the wrong way...hell, it has already rubbed me the wrong way and he hasn't even dressed for a game....

hopefully for our sake, he truly means it and we get the "good" todd bertuzzi, the dominating 40-goal-100 point powerforward that sends chills down opposing defensmen's spines todd bertuzzi...and not the floating, 25-goal-70 point semi-cancerous todd bertuzzi of last year.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote