View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 09:49 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The guys going to NYC go there because it's the big apple, that's it. Their results since winning the cup is pretty similar to ours actually, and their history isn't as rich as ours. Their city is one of the most popular in the world though, that's what is really attractive.

All I was saying is that it's not crazy to think the fanbase has an affect, good or bad, on where some players sign.
Kriss. You really think that professional athletes care that much about the fans?

I cant believe that you are saying this so soon after the lockout. If the athletes really cared, they would have taken concessions and given in to the owners because they did not want to upset the fanbase.

But in reality, most hockey players are cordial, approachable, and are engaging with fans. Other than that, they play the sport for money.

Salary, management, coaching staff in that order with regard to where a player wants to play.

A city's fanbase ranks about 10 places behind "places to eat" and 100 places behind "quality of local women" to a professional athlete.

I cant believe that anyone would even think that a professional athlete cares about the fan who sits in the stands cheering one minute, sitting quietly for an hour or two and then boos when said player makes a mistake.

Fans are irrelevant with the exception of paying money for tickets, buying sweaters, food and beer in the arena.

If fans mattered, wouldnt you see the Canadiens players logging in over here and posting replies to our questions and if they really do think that DD is too small.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote