View Single Post
Old
05-23-2013, 11:57 PM
fauxflex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Huh? You can pretty much say that about every single player that will be drafted then. Every player has some kind of flaw or two and Pulocks is skating and defense. From what I read, the skating part is a huge reason for his poor defense. He has a difficult time keeping up with players that can skate decently well.
I dunno, I haven't read much negativity on Pulock on the skating or D front, and I can see in videos, that he can skate well...

Here's some recent excerpts from observers/independent scouts:

"Pulock is an above average skater with good mobility on the blue line. He has a very good skating stride and good top end speed, both forwards and backwards. His edgework, pivots and agility are excellent, allowing him to easily cover a lot of ice, and quickly change directions to react and keep the play in front of him. He has solid balance and is difficult to knock off the puck."

"Defensively, Pulock uses his good hockey sense and strong positioning and has really improved his defensive game over the last two years. He keeps his opponent to the outside off the rush and is rarely beaten one on one."

- Ben Kerr

""Ryan projects to be a future powerplay quarterback and all-around effective blueliner. He generates offense though good decision making, accurate passing and effectively utilizing his booming shot. He has a low panic threshold, high awareness and makes good on opportunities as the circumstances allow."

Pulock is an unflappable defender. Although he could stand do be more physical, he has grown the defensive side of his game as a positionally sound defenseman who anticipates the play very well and utilizes a good stick to break up plays. His skating allows him top notch recoverability should he get caught pinching in on the play."

- Christopher Ralph

Here's a profile with that, vids and more on Pulock.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thr...07798#10707798