View Single Post
Old
10-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Happy Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherBlood6 View Post
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...uzzi_1004.html

most of the time...i write off comments to the player being "politically correct"...after all...how often did we hear a certain primadonna mutter the same exact words this time last season?

but if you read the entire article...he doesn't seem like the type to say things just to say them. he says what he feels, and at times, it rubs people the wrong way...hell, it has already rubbed me the wrong way and he hasn't even dressed for a game....

hopefully for our sake, he truly means it and we get the "good" todd bertuzzi, the dominating 40-goal-100 point powerforward that sends chills down opposing defensmen's spines todd bertuzzi...and not the floating, 25-goal-70 point semi-cancerous todd bertuzzi of last year.
I agree with a lot of what you say here PB6. I think most of you know I am not a huge fan of Bertuzzi and the roller coaster he brings with him. For the Panthers sake, I hope playing in a non-traditional hockey market brings him some stability both on and off the ice that he obviously needs. He was inconsistent though before the Moore incident, so I am not sure all he needed was a change of scenery.

Reading this article, I got the same impression I get when I read some of Mike Modano's interviews, a player who comes off as being cold and defensive but who cares a lot about the game and has probably been burnt in the past for speaking his mind and not using the canned cliches that so many athletes use.

I hope Bert can turn things around and become a dominant player. I hope at the end of this season, my opinion has changed about Bertuzzi.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote