Old
05-24-2013, 07:33 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Are you talking about in terms of edge over MAF or against those people in general?

If you were to ask me, right now, which goalie is better MAF or Price, I take Carey Price every day of the week and twice on sundays. MAF has a ridiculously way better team in front of him and look how he plays now and in the past too...

Regular season success is great, but when your career playoff stats are .904 and a 2.72 GAA in 79 GP, how can you say he's better than Price

Do you know prices career playoff sv % . I prefer price over fleury, but their numbers are very similar. Pittsburgh also plays run and gun hockey. You used playoff stats for an argument in Price's favor? I've heard it all here now. Thanks for the laughs though.

Defensively the habs are/were better. The area that matters to goalies.

It's funny, LOL at the other guy and claim our guy is top 5, who cares if the numbers are basically even, who cares if the other guy has won a cup and our guy has 1 career series win. "Who cares, I say, our guy is better because I said so"
I know what Price's playoff stats and I'm going to use the (I know some of you don't like it, but it's valid) Pittsburgh is 10x better than Montreal rule and given that, I take Price over Fleury, no matter how bad or good Price's stats are. Stats, in some cases can be deceiving. Not saying it is now, but in general it can be. I'm not excusing Price's play last year, especially down the stretch but take some things into account.

1) It was a 48-game season. Price has played at least 65 games since 2010 when he re-took the starting job from Jaro.

2) The defense was just as much to blame for our bad games over the season as Price was, including down the stretch.

As one of the biggest CP31 fanboys out there, I think we can all agree that if Price doesn't play well (like 2010-11 well, both in regular season and POs) then I think we can all agree he can't handle the pressure of playing goal in this city and taking this team to the SC anywhere down the line...

However, I doubt this will be the case (provided the team improves to a certain degree from last year and that our depth continues to build). Without depth, injuries will kill us and we won't be going anywhere near "paradise" as another poster mentioned. We won't even make it out of the dock/shore.