Old
05-24-2013, 07:40 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Yes a crafty argument that has no rebuttal, except maybe.

If the Habs are going to draft players that don't develop until they are the age of 30, why not just acquire a 30 year old and save us the 7 or 8 years of misery.
Crafty, but correct.

I guess some people don't learn but goalies take the longest out of all players to fully develop. To use an example, Tomas Plekanec was only 25 when he started actually putting up good numbers (69 in 81 in 2007-08). Now that is a little late for a forward, but given he was a 3rd round pick, i'll take it. Now with Price being a first round pick, I expect that by this year at the latest, he should be playing in his "prime" and his stats should reflect that. No more defending if last season's stats continue next year, which they hopefully won't.

Also, when you acquire a 30 year old, you pay exponentially more for him than actually drafting him, and you could get lucky and get a few years before the age of 30 of stellar hockey from him (which in most cases does happen, so I don't understand your "age 30" argument, Price is 25...). So why pay more when u could have him for less and get a bonus out of him. 2010-11 season for Price is a bonus for us because his numbers on that ****** team in front of him with all those injuries, I'm actually a little surprised at how well he did. I mean he didn't have as good numbers with Tri-City in his LAST year there. So yeah...