View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel6676 View Post
This thread is rather distasteful. It has me thinking the Edmonton fans suffer from entitlement issues that this thread has a good number of contributors ignoring the fact that this is a disrespectful discussion. Smyth has been one of the most honest hard working players in the league for years. I don't think this should stop anyone from being able to honestly assess his performance and discuss it publicly - that's the NHL, but this can easily be done more tactfully. It makes me want to say - where is your head at you pack of spoiled brats? I can imagine Smyth looking at this thread and simply realizing for all the warmth during the good times - what was it worth?
You're right. It is distasteful. Dumping on Smyth for what was essentially a management failure (not going year-to-year on his contract) is pathetic.

I'm not a big supporter of how this fanbase tends to focus on what they're seeing rather than the machinations behind the product.

The Tambellini era was incredibly toxic. MacT will flush the turds, and Smyth will stick around to help this year.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote